Brief Information of Lao PDR
Total population in Lao PDR is approximately 6,580,800 people (Statistics 2012), the average density: 27persons/km2 in the country with thick Citizens lower In South East Asia. The Lao PDR Capital City is “Vientiane”.
Lao PDR has only one nation such “Lao”, which is divided into 49 ethnic groups and each ethnic group has different speaking languages as 4 categories languages below:
1. Categories Lao – Tai;
2. Categories Mon – Khmer;
3. Categories Hmong- Iu mien;
4. Categories Chinese – Tibetan.
Lao PDR is located in South East Asia and it is landlocked country and shares border with the countries below:
- Northern share with China “505 km”;
- South share with the Kingdom of Cambodia “535 km”;
- The Eastern share with the Socialist of Vietnam “2,069 km”;
- North-West share with Myanmar “236 km”;
- Western share the Kingdom of Thailand “1,835 km”.
Lao PDR is a warm climate country and has only two seasons: dry season and the rainy season. Average temperature is about 25 degrees. Download PDF file:
8 Nov 13-Land Statistics in ENG_PDR_Update2912014